Mobile apps have drastically affected our lifestyle. Be it social media apps, online shopping apps, or e-learning apps, they have revolutionised. The way we interact with technology is quite interesting. Did you know? There are more than a million apps developed annually. However, we get to know about a handful of them only. Why? Was the idea behind it not great? Or the technology used subpar? No, the lack of expertise is the main reason. Every idea is equally great if given an equal amount of devotion in pursuit of it. The main factor is about how to convert a great idea into an even greater app. Would the outsource app development help in any way? Yes, it can be a great way to get a top-notch app to personify your cutting edge idea. Outsource statistics result from Statista globally.
In-house Development Vs Outsourcing
While the in-house team has better brand awareness, is personalised, and provides a better level of agility to the app development project. Outsourced projects have a comparatively shorter turnaround time. You will have greater control over the project in case of in-house development. While outsourced projects are cost-effective.
Why Outsource your App Development Project?
- Level of Expertise: It is quite possible for organisations to not have specialised resources for every technology. If you are facing this issue and have a hard deadline for the finalised product, outsourcing can be a good option for you.
- Industry Knowledge: In the field of technology, every new day brings a basket. A full of upgrades, enhancements, and updates in any existing technology. Since the outsourcing company is focused on a single field of app development, the industry knowledge is comparatively more, and all that knowledge will be encapsulated in your app.
- Faster Turnaround Time: It is quite possible that your in-house team is engaged in a number of tasks and needs to dedicate additional time on the new project. In the case of outsourcing, you don’t have to wait for hiring resources. And will have a dedicated team of developers working on your app. Which will reduce the time to market your product.
- Extensive Delivery: A team of dedicated programmers offered by the outsourcing company will develop an app with a greater understanding of the requirements, performance goals, and parameters to focus on.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Although the in-house development of apps provides a greater level of flexibility, hiring new resources or enhancing the skills of the in-house team is time-consuming. Also, budget hasty task. As per some accounts, the cost difference of setting up an in-house team for developing the app compared to outsourcing it is up to 50%.
Key Pointers to Focus on While Outsourcing your Project
● Do proper market research about any company’s profile. About previous apps developed by them, and expertise before outsourcing your project.
● Your idea is valuable, and you don’t want others to capitalise on it. So, first, go for intellectual rights and do proper paperwork before handling your ideas.
● State all your requirements related to the app in the official document, i.e., the scope of work (SOW) document.
● Share your deadlines and roadmaps of the development project with the outsourcing firm. And sign compliance agreements with them.
Outsourcing of app development is a good option if you have a limited number of resources at your disposal. And have hard deadlines. However, it is always wise to do a thorough market research prior to letting others handle your project.